9 Reasons why you should hire a local SEO expert or agency
Updated February 12, 2o18.
Looking to improve your search engine ranking and position?
So is everybody else…
“Why hire a local SEO expert?”
In general, a local SEO expert or agency will have the same capabilities as the larger agencies in a smaller or more restricted package. So, if you’re looking to hit every demographic across all 50 states or multiple countries, just using a single, local SEO expert might not be the best process. However, many times, local SEO is THE best option for your company to consider.
The deciding factor in this process — and the biggest reason why you should hire a local SEO expert — is determined by your business. Do you market locally or rely heavily on your local client base? If the answer is yes, or mostly yes, then hiring someone with local SEO experience and success is paramount to your online ranking success.
There are a number of other reasons you’d want to consider looking local as you answer that question. So, let’s get into them.
9 Answers to the Question “Why Hire a Local SEO Expert?”
1. A local SEO expert will have a lot of experience with your community/area.
2. Local SEO experts know the businesses in your area. This means they know your business, your partners and potential partners, and most importantly, who your competitors are and how they do SEO.
3. They will know of any regulations or restrictions that apply to your area or city.
4. You can meet and develop a strategy IN PERSON. You can look them in the eyes, ask for person-to-person meetings and demand answers that you can’t get from national SEO agencies. A face-to-face meeting also allows you to ask more questions about things you don’t understand and can give you a better understanding of what SEO all entails.
5. Their references will be more likely to come from other local businesses whom you can reach out to – or may already know. So, you have the added benefit of networking with locals.
6. They already know your target audience. Having worked in the same area – they know the general demographics that surround you and how to target them effectively.
7. Your local SEO expert will conveniently understand local SEO! Local SEO is becoming a very specialized field, and becoming a niche in it’s own right among SEO experts. There is a constantly changing stream of knowledge on local SEO tactics and techniques that you’ll want your team or agency to understand. Find someone who knows Local SEO rather than a general or national SEO agency.
8. A local SEO expert understands the culture. Perhaps this is most obvious when you market internationally, different cities, different regions, and certainly different countries have cultures that are… different. If you use a large, national SEO firm, make sure they have independent SEO experts in the various regions and cities you intend to market who understand their unique cultures and can target those audiences effectively.
9. Local SEO experts tend to provider better service. They are more likely to respond quickly and with heightened service when you or other clients are right down the road, rather then 3 states away. And, this will be especially true if you build a personal relationship with them through those face-to-face meetings we mentioned.
To wrap it all up…
While there are reasons to consider hiring a large firm of SEO experts, the benefits of it really don’t stand up to the benefits of having a local SEO expert. Most internet marketing campaigns have a need for SEO, and most SEO is in need of local SEO knowledge and experience. Consider hiring a local SEO expert or agency and you’ll see a much better understanding of your audience and a higher return on your investment.
If you’re looking for additional reasons why local SEO as a concept is so important to your company or organizations internet marketing success, Search Engine Watch has an even deeper look into it.
If you’re looking for more information on local SEO or would like a quick assessment of your website’s current level of optimization and some free advice on what could be done to improve it, set up a consultation call with us, we’re happy to help.