[VIDEO] How to Increase Your Social Media Following
Other Insights Worth Reading
Hi everyone! Welcome back to our channel. Today I’m talking to you about how to grow your following on social media. I’m not talking about all social media channels, but rather how to grow your following overall, and you can take these tactics and apply them to whatever social channel you are concentrating on. With that in mind, let’s jump into it:
1. Follow more people! So this one is a little bit of a two-edged sword because you don’t want to follow so many people that your audience is no longer relevant or qualified. You want to make sure that the people you follow make sense to your industry and your brand. But when you follow relevant people, they’ll be more likely to follow you back, thereby growing your audience.
2. Be a good citizen on social media. What I mean is to engage with people: share posts, like posts, comment on things. And if you do that, if you put yourself out there, more people are willing to comment on your things as well.
3. Band together within your industry. Maybe there’s another company that’s located on the east coast or the west coast, and you have a working relationship. Share their content, have them share yours, and get your audience to grow through that conglomerate effort.
4. Utilize Social Proof. This kind of ties into the other points we’ve talked about. It’s the idea that when people see other people sharing things on your platform, they’re more likely to follow because they see other people doing it. Like going along with the crowd, except in this case, your platform is the crowd.
5. Tell your audience to “tag your friends” or “share this post”. When someone shares it, that post has exponential reach. Exponential reach means more eyes, which eventually means more followers.
6. Tag your location. This is a kind of funny tactic, but it seems to work. People like seeing when you’re at a location. So, obviously, you can tag yourself when you’re at your headquarters. Another good option would be when you’re at a trade show or conference. Tag the location anywhere, even when you’re out to happy hour with your co-workers! These can all be good options to help grow your following.
7. Be patient. You have to put time and effort into social media before you see a really big return. Follow these tactics, and you’ll see your follower count grow.
Thanks for joining us today. We’ll see you next time at RedMoxy. Bye!